This page provides the sources for data used on this site.
The Victoria Real Estate Board – Most general housing data in Victoria is provided by the VREB. They publish a monthly statistical package, as well as providing quite a bit of historical information from past months and years.
CMHC Housing Market Information Portal – Good jumping off point for the various CMHC statistics for the local market.
CMHC Housing Market Indicators – A variety of statistics on housing markets, such as average rents, vacancy rates, housing starts, and labour participation rate.
Canadian Housing Statistics Program – A collaboration between CMHC and Statistics Canada to produce better statistics on our housing market, starting with residency status of owners.
CANSIM – Database of Statistics Canada data. Useful tables:
- V122497 – Average residential mortgage lending rate: 5 year (Monthly)
- 282-0128 – Labour force survey estimates (unemployment, employment by CMA, monthly)
- 326-0020 – Canada all items CPI
- 380-0064 – GDP, expenditure based
- 378-0123 – National Balance Sheet accounts, debt to income, etc.
- 027-0040 – Average rents
- 027-0011 – Rental Vacancy Rates
- 027-0034 – Construction by market type
- 027-0048 – Construction
BC Stats – Useful tables:
OECD Data – The
PolicySchool – BC Budget Data and Affordability for Lowest Income